Decorate your kitchen cabinets with high ceilings can make the room feel much larger. There are several ways to do this, Depending on what style you want to achieve. You can go with a traditional look and use traditional kitchen cabinet hardware, Or you can go with a more modern look and use metal or glass shelving. Whichever route you choose, Keep in mind the height of your ceilings to ensure that the items you select are appropriate.
24 Ideas for Decorating Above Kitchen Cabinets
When it comes to decorating your kitchen, There are many ways to go. You could choose to go with a classic look, Or you could add in some more modern ideas. Whatever you choose, make sure that the items you select fit the style of your kitchen and the items that are already in place. 24 ideas here for how to decorate above kitchen cabinets with high ceilings.
Decorating with Curtain
When decorating with curtains, it’s important to consider the overall look you’re going for and what type of ceiling your kitchen has. If the ceiling is high, Then using sheer or lightweight curtains will make a statement. For kitchens with low ceilings, It might be best to use heavier fabrics and drapes to cover up any imperfections. Additionally, choosing curtains that harmonize with your other decor is always a good idea.
Use Vertical Lines to Break Up the Space
Want to add spice and personality to your kitchen with high ceilings, Consider using vertical lines to break up the space. This simple method is perfect for any kitchens, regardless of its size or style. By using vertical lines, you can create a more spacious look while still keeping the focus on the Decorate Kitchen cabinets.
One of the most popular ways to use vertical lines in a kitchen is to create a divide between your countertops and cabinets. By placing a thin line vertically across the top of your cabinet doors, you can create a natural separation between them. You can also use this style to divide up your space into smaller sections, making it easier to navigate.
Another great way to use vertical lines in a high-ceiling kitchen is by filling in any open spaces above your cabinets with art or decor.
Keep the Space Functional and Organized
With a high ceiling, you can decorate your kitchen in any way you like, But before you start painting and picking out new cabinets, make sure to keep the space functional and organized. Here are 3 ways to do just that:
- Hang shelves on the walls above your kitchen cabinets to store pots and pans. This will give your cabinet space a clean look and make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Use drawer organizers to create functional spaces within your cabinet drawers. This will help keep your cooking supplies neatly organized, making it easy to find what you need when cooking in the kitchen.
- Install a pantry below your kitchens cabinets so that all of your food storage is easily accessible. This will save you time in the kitchen and prevent clutter from taking over your countertop area.
Stylish Floating Shelves
Decorating your kitchen with a high ceiling, there is no better way to achieve a stylish look than by adding floating shelves. Not only will these shelves add functionality to your kitchen, But they will also give your space an elevated feel. Whether you prefer a rustic or contemporary look, floating shelves can be customized to fit both styles.
Additionally, if you have high ceilings and are looking for ways to maximize the space, floating shelves are a great option. One of the best ways to customize floating shelves is by choosing the right type of shelf material.
Wood and metal Floating Shelves can be decorative and practical at the same time. If you are looking for something more subtle, vinyl or faux wood shelves are a good choice because they do not require any paint or stain.
Installing a Chandelier
Decorating your kitchen with a chandelier is a great way to add elegance and brightness to the overhead space. There are many different types of chandeliers to choose from, so you can find one that perfectly accents your kitchen’s style.
Before you start installing the chandelier, make sure to measure the height of the ceiling in your kitchen. You’ll also need to decide which type of chandelier you want to install. There are three main types of chandeliers: floor lamps, pendant lamps, and table lamps.
To install a floor lamp, unscrew the light fixture from the wall and remove the bulb. Save the light socket for later use. Place the new bulb into the light fixture and screw it back on using a standard light bulb socket. Repeat this process for each light in your chandelier.
Add Decorative Baskets
Adding baskets or decorative objects to an area above your kitchen cabinets can add visual interest and a touch of luxury to your cooking space. This is a great option if you have high ceilings, as the baskets can be placed slightly off the ground to create an elevated feeling. There are many options when it comes to adding baskets to your kitchen, so take some time to browse through online retailers and find something that will perfectly complement your style.
Hit A Brick Wall
If you’re not used to working with high ceilings, you may hit a brick wall when it comes to finding the right decorations. Here are three tips for decorating above kitchen cabinets with high ceilings:
- Start by looking for decor that matches the existing décor in your kitchen. If you have an eclectic mix of styles, go with something that blends in.
- Consider accessories. You can add floor-to-ceiling shelves, pendants, or mirrors to complete the look.
- Use lighting creatively. Try suspending light fixtures from the ceiling or using indirect sunlight as a source of illumination.
Get Cabinet Crazy
Looking to get cabinet crazy in your kitchen, don’t forget to add high ceilings! This style of decorating not only gives your kitchen a unique look But can also help to make the space feel larger. You can find high ceilings in a variety of different styles and colors, so there’s sure to be one that will complement your existing décor. Be sure to consult with a professional before adding a high ceiling to your kitchens though – they may require special installation or hardware that you may not already have.
Bridge the Gap With a Backsplash
Welcome to the exciting world of decorating above kitchen cabinets! If you’re looking for a way to make your kitchen look unique and stylish, then a backsplash is definitely the way to go.
A backsplash not only adds character and dimension to your kitchen’s walls but can also be used as an attractive focal point in any room. If you’re unsure of how or where to start when it comes to decorating your kitchen, don’t worry – there are plenty of online resources and advice columns available that can help guide you through the process.
Whether you want to use traditional tiles or something more contemporary, there’s a backsplash design that will work perfectly for your home.
Hang Mirrors on the Wall
One way to add some extra height and a touch of sophistication to your kitchen is to hang mirrors on the wall. This will help create a more spacious feel, as well as add an elegant touch to your décor. There are a number of different ways to mount mirrors onto the wall, so be sure to explore all your options before settling on one.
For example, you can use adhesive strips or hooks and nails, or you could try using hanging wireframes. Whichever method you choose, be sure to measure the space above your cabinets beforehand in order to ensure that the mirror hangs evenly and comfortably.
Display Your Collection
Having a beautiful collection of objects above your kitchen cabinets can really make the room feel more like a home. If you have high ceilings, using light fixtures and accessories to display your collection can really make a statement. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hang pendant ornaments from the ceiling using a cord or chain.
- Use bright light bulbs to light up your collectibles.
- Place small mirrors on the backs of your cabinet doors to create an illusion of space.
- Arrange votives for candles in jars or holders for an extra touch of elegance and warmth.
- Consider adding decorative plants to bring life and color to the space.
- Install sconces on walls near the ceiling for additional illumination.
Go Wallpaper Wild
Looking for a way to decorate your kitchen cabinets with high ceilings, then wallpaper may be the perfect solution. There are a variety of different types of wallpaper that can be used, and they come in all sorts of colors and styles.
You can find retro-style wallpaper or traditional wallpaper that is patterned or has a floral design. You can also choose to go with a more modern look by using abstract designs or patterns that are created from several different layers. Whatever type of wallpaper you choose, make sure to pick something that will match the style of your kitchens cabinets and another décor.
Add Open Shelving
Adding open shelving to your kitchen cabinets can give a more spacious feel. If you have high ceilings, adding open shelving will allow you to display items above the cabinets. Open shelving is an economical way to add storage and it can be customized to match the style of your kitchen. There are many different types of open shelving that are available, So you can find something that will complement the style of your kitchen.
Balance High Ceilings
High ceilings can be a great way to add height and drama to a room. While they might be expensive to install, they can be worth it if the space you’re decorating is large or has a high ceiling. Here are some tips for Decorate your kitchen cabinets:
- Consider using light colors and materials. This will help brighten up the space and make it feel more spacious.
- Use vertical elements to create balance and symmetry. This can include items like beams, columns, Or floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Assess how much natural light your space gets on a regular basis and use that as a guide when choosing colors and textures. If your ceilings are covered in carpets or drapes, consider adding light fixtures to bring in more natural light.
Keep It Casual
Decorate your kitchen with high ceilings to create a comfortable and inviting space. By doing this, you can add character and life to your kitchens without spending a fortune. Some ideas for decorating above your kitchen cabinets with high ceilings:
- Hang bright fabric curtains or drapes to block out the light and create a cozy atmosphere.
- Install chandeliers or other light fixtures to give your kitchen an extra sparkle.
- Add pendants or other ornaments to the ceiling beams or crown molding to add interest.
- Install a simple but chic curtain rod and curtain to divide your kitchens into two separate spaces.
- Choose eclectic wall art or decorative objects that will bring life and color to the room.
Add Plants On the Ceiling
Decorate your kitchen cabinets with plants to create a fresh, natural look. Plants are a great way to add personality and life to your kitchen without spending a lot of money. You can buy plants or grow your own. Here are some tips for decorating your high ceilings with plants:
- Choose plants that will fit the style of your kitchens. For example, if you have a contemporary style kitchens, choose plants that are modern in design.
- Choose types of plants that will complement the colors and styles of your cabinets. For example, if you have white cabinets with black trim, choose blue spear grass or ivy that matches the trim color.
- Find plants that can grow well in low-light conditions. Some examples are ferns, peace lilies, And philodendrons.
Decor With Mix Materials
Mix materials to create a high ceiling in your kitchen. You don’t need any fancy tools or a lot of time to do this. In fact, most high ceilings can be created with just a few simple items.
- Start by locating an old door or piece of wood that is at least 8 feet tall.
- Cut the door or wood into four equal pieces and then mark where the screws will go.
- Drill holes through the marks and screw the pieces together using screws that are about 1 inch long.
- Once the pieces are screwed together, cut a rectangular hole out of one side of the door or wood.
- Repeat these steps on the other three sides of the door or wood, making sure to leave enough openings so that you can fit a light fixture inside.
- Now it’s time to add decoration!
Install Open Storage Nooks
Are you looking for a way to spruce up your kitchen but don’t have the time or inclination to do a lot of work? Then you need to try installing open storage nooks. These are small spaces above your kitchens cabinets that can be decorated in any way you want.
One of the benefits of installing open storage nooks is that they provide extra storage space. This is perfect if you have a lot of dishes or cookware and don’t have enough counter space to store them all.
Another advantage of open storage nooks is that they give your kitchen a more elevated look. This can be helpful if your kitchens ceilings are low or if you want to create more cubicles in layout.
If you’re interested in installing open storage nooks, there are many different options available online and at hardware stores.
Pack Panache Overhead
Pack Panache Overhead. You don’t need a lot of expensive decorating materials or hours spent decorating to make your kitchen look great. All you need are some high-ceiling tiles and a little creativity. If you have cabinets above your countertops, use these tiles to create an overhead effect that will give your kitchens the wow factor. Not only will this add personality and interest, but it can also be budget-friendly and easy to do.
Create Custom Cubbies
Are you looking for a way to personalize your kitchens but don’t want to go over the top? Look no further than custom cubbies! By adding cubbies to your kitchen cabinets, you can add a little extra personality and decoration without going overboard.
You can choose from a variety of materials and styles, so there’s sure to be something that will fit your individual style. Plus, high ceilings are becoming more and more popular in kitchens, so cubbies are perfect for use above the cabinets.
Not only do they add an extra bit of storage space, But they also make the kitchen look larger and more open. If you’re looking to add some extra flair to your kitchens without spending a lot of money, custom cubbies are the perfect solution!
Keep It Practical
Decorating your kitchen with high ceilings can be a fun and practical way to organize your space and add a touch of luxury. You can use high ceilings to add storage, showcase art, Or create a cozy area for cooking. Keep in mind that high ceilings can also require special attention when it comes to decorating. Here are a few tips for keeping it practical while decorating your kitchens with high ceilings:
- Choose furniture that is appropriate for the height of the ceiling. Tall furniture can look out of place against a low ceiling, while shorter pieces may not look as impressive against a high ceiling.
- Use lighting to highlight features on tall pieces of furniture or art. Place lamps near the edge of the ceiling so they cast an even light across the room.
Add a Book Nook
Adding a book nook to your decorating scheme above kitchen cabinets with high ceilings can be a great way to organize and add some extra storage. You can choose to go with a traditional look or add a little bit of personality with some fun accessories.
Some ideas for adding a book nook include using tall shelves, built-in bookshelves, Or hanging baskets filled with fresh flowers. You could also select decorative curtains or lampshades to complete the look. Whatever you choose, make sure it is complementary to the other elements in your kitchens and fits in well with the high ceilings.
Extend the Backsplash
Adding a backsplash to your kitchen cabinets can provide a beautiful finishing touch to your decorate. Not only do backsplashes add personality to your kitchens. But they also give your cabinets an extra layer of protection from scratches and chips. If you have high ceilings in your kitchens, consider installing a backsplash that extends all the way to the ceiling. This will give your kitchen a more spacious feel and increase the overall attractiveness of the unit.
Bring In Faux Greenery
Adding some beautiful faux greenery to decorate your kitchen cabinets can add a pop of color and nature above your cabinets. By using artificial plants, you can create a natural look that’s both stylish and affordable. Additionally, high ceilings can often be difficult to decorate with natural materials. So artificial plants are a great option for adding height and interest to your space.
Here are a few easy ways to add faux greenery to your kitchens:
- Use artificial potted plants as an inexpensive way to add some life above your kitchens cabinets. You can find a variety of plants that are both decorative and functional at any garden store or online retailer.
- Try installing hanging branches from the ceiling using simple DIY techniques. This is a quick and easy way to give your kitchen an elevated feel without having to install any permanent fixtures or wiring.
Tips for Decorating Above Kitchen Cabinets with High Ceilings
When decorating your kitchens with high ceilings, It is important to take into account a few tips.
- First, keep the walls and ceiling light-colored to help brighten up the space.
- Second, use bolder colors on the walls and accessories to draw attention away from the low ceiling.
- Third, choose furniture that is both functional and stylish. Do not rely solely on high-ceiling decorations to make your kitchens look great.
- Make sure all of your appliances are placed close to the wall so they do not overpower the high ceilings.
The Final Thought
In conclusion, If you’re looking to add a bit of personality or just want to spruce up your kitchen overall. Some simple decorate above kitchen cabinets can go a long way. While you may not have the ceiling height to do any elaborate designs. There are some easy and affordable ways to brighten up your space without breaking the bank. From faux finishes and paint to light fixtures and decals. Plenty of options are available that will suit any kitchens.